Thursday, June 12, 2008

A walk in the park

Got my new BlackBerry Curve (8338) today. I know, I know, I just got the 8830 a month ago, why do I need a new one. Well that one didn't have all 4 bands of GSM, only 2 of the overseas ones and none of the US ones, so slipping a chip in for emergencies or whatever is a no go, AND that one doesn't have a camera. Since I was inside the 30 day window I decided to back out of that one. And here I am.

Had a phone interview for a combustion optimization engineering firm (Anthony Ross) who need a North-East US Service Rep. I think it went well. I'll let you know...

For this evening Lisa and I got on the bike and zipped down to Old Orchard Beach (Scarborough) for dinner with a friend of hers then rode lazily up to Deering Oaks to walk around and catch up with another friend of hers (in Maine we make the most of any trip greater than 20 miles from home. Visit just one friend? That would be wasteful).
Deering Oaks is fun, and I am amazed at how much smaller it is than I remember from when my Dad would bring me here as a kid. We used to buy a bag of peanuts and hold them out for the squirrels but hold on to them really tight so the squirrels would tug and tug on them. I couldn't stop laughing. Might not have set the best example, but he has certainly left me with more than just my name.
Cheers Mickey.


Here are some examples from todays new gadget...

1 comment:

Bored Housewife said...

Snuggled up in a kingsized bed in lovely bed and breakfast....today's ride was awesome and seeing old friends was awesome but having you along was the cooooolest! I love you.