Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pearl Jam 2008

Here I am, thanks to Lisa, at the Comcast Center (formerly the Tweeter Ctr) rockin out to Eddie Vedder killin it. Right now he is smackin Pete Townsend's "Reign on Me" on the ass and knockin me out.
These seats are great. The lawn here seems wicked awesome too. We don't have any big screen show but we can see the stage just fine. I would come back for lawn seats (or inside if offered) for almost any show. SPAC has a better lawn, but this is 3 hours closer, and the tailgating before the show is just as good.
Eddie started by saying they are taking tomorrow off, so they are gonna test our endurance. Bring it on :-) More later I hope...

Well, it seems 2 hours is what Eddie thinks will test my endurance. I'll take it, but it wasn't much of a test.

I'll tell you what tested my PATIENCE though, the 2 FUCKING HOURS waiting to get out of the fucking parking lot. It was absolutely ridiculous. We pulled out of our space and got into line and didn't move again for an hour and a half (I turned the car off). Thankfully both Lisa and I had our BlackBerry's (and the joy of each others company and conversation) to keep us occupied, otherwise I'd be fucking boiling (maybe not, I'm usually pretty level headed, if it's not a fire on a submarine under the ice, how bad can it be?). Let's just say forget what I said about the cool lawn seats and good sound, I won't be going back to the Comcast Center (or Tweeter Center, or whatever they want to call themselves).
Great show though, rock and roll wise, Pearl Jam put a lot of energy into it and I felt it. Lots of old "Ten" stuff with new stuff and it all flowed smooth. $75 per seat (we were in section 5, row S, seats 7&8) should buy you a little more production value I think. U2 has high ticket prices, but they put it back into the show. Don't take that as a slam, I loved the show and would see it again, they ruled better than jet boots, I guess I'm just old and spent too much time on the grass at SPAC.

Go see Pearl Jam if you get the chance, you won't be dissappointed by them. I hope you can get a deal on your tix.

1 comment:

Bored Housewife said...

I loved every second of that show and of waiting in that ridiculously stationary line with you.
However...
I would also have enjoyed getting out of that parking lot in a sliiiightly more timely manner!!! Hehe. That was truly mind-blowing in its iinefficiency!

Pearl Jam is a tight band though, isn't it? I am so glad you were there with me.