Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Short day on the road

BlackBerry users be warned! Leaving your google maps running in the background all night will suck the juice right out of your batteries leaving you with a DeadBerry in the morning with no alarm to get you up in time for breakfast.

Central time zone is totally my Bitch! We left Mountain time yesterday morning and didn't stop until we arrived at Sturgis, Michigan, which is in the Eastern time zone. Suck on that Central! I have to say though, 16.5 hours in that seat took its toll. That left only a six hour drive to Dave's house in Pittsburgh which was easy breezy.

Slim! Slim! Slim! Slim! (My other moniker) To hear 6 and 8 year old girls vying for my attention is almost music, I haven't seen them in almost a year and have only talked to them twice in that time. How come I am the only one I know who visits? Oh well. What do you call a dog who takes a bath? A SHAM-POOdle. What do you call a dog who plays football? A golden receiver. I was a bit surprised when I heard the "what do you call nuts on a wall" line. Rest assured, after some smooth investigation, it turned out to be as second grade as I had hoped and there was no mention of nuts on a chin.

Tomorrow I get to explore Pitt with Lisa and when they get home I'll get some pix to send off to their Mommy who has been called up in the reserves.

There is a word for an intentionally incomplete sentence, but I can't for the life of me remember it. Apiosemetism? Something like that. Oh well...

No comments: