Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On Beginnings

Here's to beginnings.
Cheers to beginnings.
If you don't want to hear it
then plug your ears,
"BEGINNINGS!"

Speaking of beginnings, I'm flying out to Utah next week to join my girlfriend (we are at the beginning of our relationship. More about that later probably, but I have Adult ADD so don't hold me to it) and we will be driving her Vulvo XC-70 (I know it's Volvo, but I like to play with words and double éntendré's and myself) all the way to Maine where we will spend the summer.

We plan on travelling most of the way on interstate 70 since neither of us has travelled that way and we both have done I-80. We hope to visit my Navy buddy Dave in Pittsburg, her sister in Leonardstown, MD, and my other Navy buddy Sarah in Saratoga Springs, NY. Looks like about a week of driving and visits. I wish I could do it on my motorcycle, but there is still a lot of life left to live and I'll get to it.

I don't expect much in the way of photography other than snapshots since I have no idea what lies in store for us and good shots come from good planning. I guess this will be a kind of location scouting journey.

I guess I'll sign off now and see if I can be disciplined enough to keep up on this blog. You can expect more stories of who I am and where I've been and what I'm doing in future episodes.

You stay frosty out there...

1 comment:

Bored Housewife said...

A spectacular first entry, darlin'!!!

You've got me panting for the roadtrip and...what was that about playing with yourself...? Yummmmm.....