Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I kinda don't sleep much

Or rather, I don't sleep for long periods straight through. If I sleep for more than 6 hours in a row it's odd. By the time I've been in bed for 7 hours my back starts hurting, and I like sleeping too much to go and ruin it by over doing it.



Now that "kinda" part, I do get about 8 hours of sleep a day, just not in a row like I mentioned. I am one of the leading proponents of naps in the world today. I don't know if I have any Spanish or Latin blood in me, but boy do I love a siesta.



Now let's change things up since I have been distracted by something shiny...



I would love to have a dog, but I don't think I live the kind of lifestyle that is a good environment for a dog. I leave the house for too long, sometimes when I drop my kids off at school, I may not go back to the house before 10pm. My kids, by the way, live with me from August to February and she gets them every other weekend, then we swap and she has them from Feb - Aug and I get them every other weekend. They always stay in the same school, so it's a pretty good set-up for all concerned.

Oh. The shiny thing that distracted me...

I have two cats, Woophie and BooBoo. Woophie is black (and shiny) and is more reserved, but she likes to sit in my lap when I'm on the computer, and BooBoo is tortoise and she is very affectionate. She is one reason I can't sleep too long, because when the sun comes up she thinks it is cool to lay on my chest and paw at my beard until I get up. I think I don't really mind it since she does it in a loving way, but it's really a kind of case by case thing. The kitties like to go "hunting" with me at night in the back yard. We go out and if I venture out to the wooded part, they follow along and scout for me. They like it when I go out on the pond when it's frozen and sit so they can run across the pond and mock attack each other then run half way up the trees on the edge.



Enough ramblings for the mean time.





What are we even talking about?...

1 comment:

Bored Housewife said...

LOVING it!!!!

Is there even someone called that?