Friday, May 23, 2008

Flattery

My girlfriend went on a cruise Thursday from San Diego (which is German for "A whale's vagina" by the way) to Mexico, and she was up all night Wednesday driving from Spanish Fork to get there.

Wednesday evening I went to the local Walmart to stock up on some important supplies (like kitty litter, swedish fish, kit-kats, a bread machine, etc.) and I was listening to Keith and The Girl (the best podcast there is) on my Blackberry when I went to the checkout. The lady at the register asked what I was listening to so I told her and mentioned that a podcast is like a radio show, but with swearing (my hometown is not the most tech savvy place in the US and I find myself explaining a lot) and she told me she knows what podcasts are, but that she likes Pizzababe. In fact she has contributed to the show. When I was done paying she wrote her "name" on the back of my receipt.
Naughty Kittens.

That has got to take balls to put yourself out there like that and I applaud her for it. Now, I am committed with my whole body and soul to Lisa and I would never think of getting with anyone else, but it is kind of flattering to be hit on like that.

I have listened to Pizzababe on her recommendation and although the show doesn't really do anything for me, her posts to the show are definitely cool and I encourage you to check her out.

Lisa is the one I go to with everything. Whenever I have something cool to talk about, Lisa is the one I want to talk with about it. I wanted to blog about it right away, but I didn't want to put this out there without letting Lisa know first. What a tough spot. My girl has road tripped all night and is dog tired and stressed from getting on the ship and getting settled and is leaving the country soon and will probably be out of touch for a couple days so this seems like a crappy time to tell her that her boyfriend got hit on. "Hey Babe, I know you're tired and this will probably be the first time since we started talking in January that we might not get to call or talk with each other, and I want you to have a nice relaxing cruise, but I got hit on last night. Well, have fun, see ya"

Boys and girls I'm here to tell ya, Lisa is the absolute coolest chick on the planet. She took it as the compliment I hoped she would. I could never pass up a girl like her. I love you Baby. I hope she is having a great time out there, but I am a little bummed that we won't get to talk today :-( and probably won't get to talk until Monday. Our love can certainly survive a couple of days incommunicato.

Now I'm looking forward to Monday when I can hear her voice again then Tuesday when I can wrap my arms around her again.

It's high school all over again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are the sun, the moon and the stars, baby!

Getting hit on is always fun for the ego--but it's nothing compared to how it feels to be truly loved by someone who "gets" you on just about every level possible.

Tuesday will be the best day of this whole vacation--kids will be back in school and I will get to drive to the airport in my pretty dress and be wrapped up in your arms...I am melting right now just thinking of it.

And so now we gotta do THIS all day!