Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Little Things

A long hot shower. So simple yet so satisfying.

I ground the beans, I baked the bread, now I get to sit on my porch and drink my hazel nut double shot latté and eat my delicious piece of toast (turns out something to eat in the morning is good for you. Who knew?) while listening to the birds chirp and watch my cats stalk unsuspecting insects. And as for mice and other rodents, this marsh will run red from the fruits of their vicious slaughter, all within the legal limits of course.

The lawn is mowed, the cats are fed and watered, the appliances are off, only thing left to pack is the various electrical accouterments for my gadgets and my shaving kit...

HOLY SHIT! Woophie almost snagged a humming bird out of the air. She cuffed it but it zagged and kept on flying. It's like Wild Kingdom out here, but with tulips. I need to weed my flower beds. I should be ashamed.

Well folks, I'm off on an adventure. I will be driving 3000 miles from Salt Lake City (Spanish Fork really) to Mid-Coast Maine. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Lisa, here I come Baby. The feeling in my chest that comes from the thought of you while typing this deserves words more than words to be described. As for "The Little Things" and keeping it simple, I can do no better than
I Love You


PEACE, bitches...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love you, too, sweetest.

You're making me crave that front porch of yours--gonna have to drive extra fast!!

Bread machine, eh?
Now we'll have two. :D
Which is good, because we have, like, a whole ton of kids between us and one loaf of bread at a time might just be too slow.
Now for my signature strawberry freezer jam...mmm....

You're going to be here tonight and I can hardly sit still...good thing I have so much to do! You'll be here in a flash.