Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The time has come...

Here it is, zero hour, only a few more check marks and the list will be complete.

We leave tomorrow and fly to Utah to pack up Lisa's things and move her back to Maine, and I am subjecting her to what I consider my worst trait: last minute slow-motion packing.
I have Adult ADD, so I am a very distractable person every day, add travel stress on top of that and it can be very frustrating to get anything done in a reasonable amount of time. I am used to it and it still drives me nuts, I can't imagine how it must be for Lisa. Moving, no small thing. Moving back home with someone you met 7 months ago, making that move across the better part of a 3000 mile wide country...

Baby I'm sorry for what you must be going through, and I wish I wasn't doing anything that doesn't make it any easier.
All I can say is that I Love You, and I want to keep loving you here beside me for the rest of my life, in a boat, in the rain, in a car, on a train, reading books in bed together on a rainy morning, on the front porch with the birds chirping, riding our bikes on the islands, even if you get old and your hair falls out in clumps and you scoop it up into old used bread bags to take down to the store hoping to get $10 for it even when they're only offering $5.

Even when you feel like a leftover turd sandwich, you never know when Mother Nature is gonna knock your socks off.
It might be like that.
There's gonna be highs,
and there's gonna be lows,
but I'll keep your glass half full because my heart will be brimming over with the joy that you constantly bring into my life.
I Love You Lisa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, sweetest man! I sure do feel like a leftover turd sandwich a lot lately, but you're my au ju! You make everything alright and you keep on loving me no matter how freaked out I get. I am so calm, so certain. I am ready to spend the rest of my life by your side, whether I keep my hair on my head or in a couple of old breadbags. I love the highs and lows of life and I love experiencing them all with YOU! We fit together like chocolate and peanut butter, love, and I am ready to dive into this sparkly new future we are building together. Pack as slow as you want, sweetlove, I can take the lead in this one.

I cherish--to the core--every second I spend with you. Thank you for loving me completely and continuously. I love you with every cell in my body and every inch of my soul.

Let's go throw my stuff into a truck, shall we?

Unknown said...

Get a room!

:D